Are you in search of black-tie groom style inspiration, that’s a little bit different? Well, look no further! We’re lucky enough to come across Pinterest-worthy grooms every day via our real weddings, and we thought it was about time to shine a light on the dapper gents who knocked it out of the park with their slick take on tuxedo style! Whether you wish to change up the shade from classic black, switch up the fabric or completely break all the style rules – we hope these 10 real grooms who rocked an alternative tuxedo suit with a twist on thier big day, inspire you to choose your own personal style!
Alternative Tuxedo Suit Styles
1. Our groom David wore a custom-made green velvet tuxedo suit from Louis Copeland & Sons. See more style here!
2. Groom Mike’s tuxedo suit oozes personality and alternative style. The mulberry suit paired with a black satin bow tie complemented his velvet black shoes and top hat in the most epic way! Check it out in full here!
3. David chose a rich burgundy velvet tuxedo jacket, paired with a matching velvet bow tie. See more here.
4. Groom Matt choose an all-black attire, with a textured velvet jacket, black bow tie and feather buttonhole held together by a spooky skeleton hand – and it works so well! Click here to view this Halloween wedding!
5. Chris and Lucas each rocked jewel toned velvet tuxedos which they paired with Shutiq smoking slippers. Check out the wedding day here.
6. Dapper groom Emmett wore a crisp white tuxedo suit jacket, for his take on white tie! Check out the style details here!
7. Our groom Ryan opted for a stylish tartan velvet tuxedo jacket, which was the main inspiration for the whole colour scheme and Irish castle wedding theme. Check the wedding out here!
8. Ally and Andrew’s navy and emerald velvet tuxedos created a moody feel that evoked the roaring 20s. The buttonholes featured peacock feathers and colourful wildflowers, which perfectly complemented the tux jackets, while the oversixed bow ties gave their look a vintage feel. Click here for the full day!
9. Everything from Ross’s burgundy velvet jacket and bright bow tie, autumnal buttonhole and the bridesmaids rust coloured dresses to the copper and golden pumpkins scattered on every table, this was the perfect warm palette for this autumnal wedding! Check it out here!
10. Alex and Colin were dressed in contrasting shades and textures for their take on black-tie styling. This wedding was high on glamour down to their shoes. Check it out here!
Check out our recommended groomswear suppliers right here! We also have epic Tweed Style for Winter Grooms for you to feast your eyes on!