We love the drama of a big multi-tier wedding cake, but single-serve wedding cakes can make for an equally gasp-worthy display! If you aren’t familiar, single-serve means that your guests each receive their very own miniature wedding cake, rather than a slice of a larger cake, and work really well for smaller weddings. These delicate delights are works of art in their own right, so display them individually, or arrange them in tiers to look like a regular wedding cake shape. Not only do personal mini wedding cakes make for a unique way to serve dessert, but you can also box them up to take home as wedding favours. Whether choose these in lieu of a larger wedding cake, or as well as one, we’ve got lots of gorgeous single serve wedding cake inspiration below!
Single Serve Wedding Cakes
1. Pretty in pastel pink and iced to perfection. Garnished with a single floral and displayed on a mini cake stand, adorable!
2. For the macaron lovers! Add extra wow-factor by surrounding the mini cake with much-loved blooms and the posh petit pastry everyone adores!
3. Simple and chic delicate icing decor with painterly splashes.
4. We adore this black wedding cake that is ideal for the festive winter season!
5. What is not to love about this tiny two-tiered delight? Finished in gold icing, and jam-packed – pardon the pun – with layered love on the inside.
6. Modern romance, eat your wedding cake heart out! Monochrome, elegant and completely timeless!
7. This marble and gold effect finished with a single rose works for any season! Change the colour of the floral to match your theme.
8. Hand-painted love – the perfect antique vintage style singe-serve wedding cake if you ask us.
9. Mini iced pastries filled with creme anglaise and arranged in a pyramid – simple yet effective, and there’s even room for a larger layer of cake as a base if you like!
10. Looking to add some whimsical rustic decor, then consider the joyful pressed flower wedding trend! Full of romance and colour and so simple to achieve.
11. Indulge your guests with tasty seasonal greetings in the form of a lady finger cake!
12. This one is for all of the chocolate lovers! Rich chocolate sponge, drizzled in salted caramel sauce…. drool!
13. These Italian naked-style single-serve cakes are limoncello infused making them the perfect destination wedding choice!
14. Spring is certainly in the air with this cute lemon iced cake! Displayed beautifully on a small pillar candle holder.
15. A frosted iced cake, finished with neutral flowers and delicate greenery is a classic that stands the test of time.
What to Know Before Choosing Mini Cakes
- The beauty of mini-cakes is that they can be made in a variety of flavours – not just one!
- Mini cakes or single serve wedding cakes can be a quite costly option as they are all individually made and decorated. A more cost-effective alternative are cupcakes.
- Mini cakes are a great option for a smaller guest list as it’s a more achievable option, budget-wise.
- If you have a larger cake as well, serve your mini cakes as dessert or box them up as favours to save on cost.
From the latest cake trends check out the rest of our great cake posts and pop over to our Pinterest. When you’re ready to take the next step, get in touch with one of our wonderful recommended wedding cake suppliers!