We never get tired of seeing wedding cake trends coming through on our Instagram and Pinterest feeds. From brushstroke, concrete, colour drip, geode and gems – all of which made wedding world go crazy – we stil have a soft spot for light and airy Feather Wedding Cakes. The exquisite icing work makes them real showstoppers, but as you can see from the gorgeous creations below, they can sit comfortably within a minimalist palette when stark white or ivory. Of course, if you want to save on labour for your wedding cake baker, you can get an equally stunning finish with real feathers too. Here we’ve compiled 20 of the most fabulous feather wedding cakes to tickle your fancy.
1. Olympia feather wings cake by Victoria Made
2. Swan Lake wedding cake by Maggie Austin | Photo by Pernille Loof via The Knot
3. White feather wedding cake by Sweets Bakeshop | Photo by Jeff Loves Jessica via Ruffled
4. A cake inspired by Alexander Mcqueen’s ‘Savage Beauty’ collection by Victoria Made
5. A one-tier wonder by Alana Jones Mann
6. Boho feather cake by Roman of Over the Rainbow Desserts | Image by: Jenn Emerling of YEAH! weddings via 100 Layer Cake
7. Soft blue feather wedding cake by Megan Joy Cakes
8. One tier gold feather wedding cake by Olofson Design
9. Two tier delicate all feather wedding cake by The Cake That Ate Paris
10. Magnolia and feather wedding cake by Megan Joy Cakes
11. Gold feather wedding cake by Cake-ology | Image by Cojo Photo via Style Me Pretty
12. Tropical feather wedding cake by Butter End Cakery | Image by Jeremy Chou via Green Wedding Shoes
13. Four tiers of feathers | Image by Sally Pinera via Mod Wedding
14. A 3D feather effect bringing the wow factor!
15. A fluffy feathered look with curved lines of royal icing dotted with a white sugar pearl by Wilton Cakes.
16. The perfect cake for a Gatsby-themed wedding. Covered with edible feathers – each one individually hand cut, veined and painted by Lima Cakes.
17. We’ve fallen royally in love with this Marie Antoinette-inspired confection adorned with a single fluffy plume by Connie Cupcake.
18. We love the soft pink icing and gilded feather combo by Lil Miss Cakes.
19. Lunaria and fluffy ivory feathers make for the perfect cake adornment.
20. A petite cake in soft white, draped in ethereal sugar feathers, and topped with gum paste magnolia blooms by Megan Joy Cakes.
Adore these? Get in touch with one of our wonderful recommended wedding cake suppliers who will happily chat you through options for the cake of your dreams!
From the latest cake trends to delicious dessert ideas check out the rest of our great cake posts. Plus, don’t forget to pop over to our Pinterest for more gorgeous cake ideas.