One of the most searched-for wedding cake trends right now is fairly obscure – have you ever seen a fig wedding cake? When it comes to wedding cake decoration, figs are fast gaining popularity, especially at for winter and Christmas weddings. And Irish cake bakers are getting in on the trend, too! In both folklore and some religions, figs have long been associated with good luck and prosperity, plus, they look absolutely gorgeous! From single-tier wedding cakes, all the way up to multi-tier confections, we’re sharing 20 of our favourite fig wedding cakes. Whether you’re leaning towards a more romantic, rustic wedding or elegant winter soiree, these luscious sweet fruits make the perfect addition to your dessert table.
20 Fig Wedding Cakes We Love
1. Single tier, semi-naked wedding cake with honeycomb and hazelnuts by Emily Petrick.
2. Single tier soft-iced wedding cake with figs by Kuchen mit Stil.
3. Frosted fig and fruit wedding cake by Sweet Celebrations.
4. A fruity autumnal creation with gilded blackberries by Sweetie Pie.
5. Tiered cake with metallic figs and seasonal fruits by Crumb Fairy Bakery.
6. Chic blue iced wedding cake by The Wedding Cake Boutique.
7. Fig and blackberry buttercream cake by Rye London (you’ll find the recipe here!)
8. Simple fig and blackberry cake by Big Sur Bakery.
9. Earl Grey Tea drip cake with figs and macarons by Cordy’s Cakes.
10. Fig and floral wedding cake by Kurant Events.
11. A pretty fig and blackberry nude wedding cake.
12. White ruffle wedding cake with figs by Maliha Creations.
13. A simple yet chic grey splash cake with gold dripped icing, cut figs, and gilded cherries with gold leaf and flowers.
14. An autumnal drip cake by Gaggui features seasonal fruits and florals.
15. A chocolate drip cake to make your mouth water from Camerino Bakery.
16. A naked chocolate cake with simple fruits by Naschwerk & Co.
17. Two semi-naked cakes, one with chocolate and red fruit, the other with spiced apple and caramel, decorated with seasonal fruits by Away with the Mixer.
18. A minimalist’s dream adorned with figs, thistles and macarons by Synnotts Signature Bakes.
19. A raw cake adorned with full blooms and berries.
20. Of course, we have to include a delicious cheese cake. Check out this creation by Cass & Co.
Tips for Having a Beautiful Fig Wedding Cake:
- Figs have two seasons. A shorter season in early June and a second, main crop in August, September, and October when figs come into full bloom.
- A fresh fig has notes of honey and berry, so pairs beautifully with lighter flavours (like honey and berries!), as well as rich spices like ginger and cinnamon.
- The most common variety of figs have a deep, purple-red exterior and cut open, they’re even more beautiful! You could even guild them with edible gold for added luxury!
- Pair with other seasonal fruits such as plums, blackberries, blueberries, cherries, pears, and apples for an opulent look.
- Figs also pair really well with cheese, so make perfect adornments for a wedding cheese cake.
- You can find someone to make the fig-topped wedding cake of your dreams on our list of recommended wedding cake designers in Ireland!
For more great wedding cake inspiration check out all our wedding cake features here.