*This post contains some affiliate links
Engagement rings for men are becoming ever more popular, as more same-sex couples tie the knot, and more ladies take the plunge and propose to the man in their life. Why should it be just the ladies that get to have all fun of rocking a rock when newly engaged? If you’re planning to propose to the man in your life soon, and want a ring for the occasion, or you want to get him a ring to mark your engagement too, we’ve rounded up a selection of gorgeous men’s engagement rings (that we think you’re going to love!). You can shop these beauties right now!
From more minimal rings with muted tones and brushed textures to stylish statement rings you’ll spot from across the room, you’re sure to find something to suit his style (and your budget!). These rings can also be used as wedding rings for any guys looking for something a little bit different to the classic band. Oh, and look out for our shopping tips, at the bottom of the page or read our complete guide to men’s engagement rings here before making your selection!
Gorgeous Men’s Engagment Rings
1. Gold Signet Ring with garnet by David Yurman, available in 18ct yellow gold €5522 (approx) and sterling silver with meteorite €799 (approx).
2. Silver Gridline Ring by Eddie Borgo, €187 (approx).
3. Snake Ring by All Blues, €270 (approx).
4. Zodiac Ring by Talon Via Catbird, €116 (approx).
5. Virgo SY Core, by Spinelli Kilcollin €1175 (approx).
6. Icon Yellow Gold Ring with Stars, by Gucci €1121 (approx)
7. Poker Ring in enameled silver by Edge Only via Wolf & Badger, €331 (approx).
8. Skull Ring by Thomas Sabo, from €129.
9. Jack Sparrow by LEF jewelry via Wolf & Badger, €391 (approx).
10. Motorbike Tyre Engraving by Aoife O’Mahony Design, P.O.A .
11. Milgrain Palladium Gents Wedding Ring by Bespoke Diamonds, from €490 – €1125.
12. Unicorn cameo signet ring by Vintouch Jewels via Wolf & Badger, €220 (approx).
13. Interlocking Circles Ring, by Tiffany & Co. €520,
14. 10k Gold and Silver Celtic Wedding Ring by Commins & Co, €445,
15. Damascus Steel Ring by McCaul, €1568.95.
16. White gold infinity band by De Beers, €1781 (approx).
17. Hawthorn Bark Men’s Wedding Ring by Chupi, €989.
18. Carlo Ring by Vivienne Westwood, €215.
19. Knot Ring by Tiffany, €1200.
20. Tudor Cross Ring by Serge Denimes, €90.
Tips for Buying a Men’s Engagement Ring
– As with shopping for any engagement ring, incorporate you other half’s style. Whether they prefer understated, flashy, love of all things vintage, are really outdoorsy, or are into a certain kind of music – you’ll find a ring to tie in with their taste.
– An engagement ring doesn’t have to have a diamond, or indeed any stone. Matte stones like onyx or lapis work well in men’s jewellery, or muted stones like black or grey diamonds are a luxurious option. But if you think your guy has more minimal tastes, look to rings with symbols or etchings instead.
– Because men haven’t traditionally worn engagement rings, you get to think outside the box with his one. If you think your partner would prefer a chain, bracelet, watch or cufflinks, you can always opt to propose with them too. Maybe even a painting or a piece of furniture is a more fitting option. A token ring is always a good idea, or you could opt for a signet ring or a pinkie ring as an alternative.
– Don’t be afraid to look in the ladies’ jewellery collections. The sad fact is, that because an engagement rings for a man is a relatively new concept, there isn’t a lot of choice available (yet!). But there are some real gems to be found in mainline jewellery collections that will still work for your groom-to-be.
– Many of the coolest men’s jewellery brands are based in the US or UK, so you might end up buying your ring online. We have a whole post on buying an engagement ring online here that you should read first, to help you do your homework, check out the company is legit and take into account the hidden costs when calculating the final price!
– If you are really struggling to find a ring that fits yours or your partner’s style, why not opt for something custom made? Read our guide to having your own engagement ring designed here.