Through the decades, there has been one style of wedding dress that has remained timeless – the long sleeve wedding dress. Adapted through each style era, long sleeve wedding dresses have been worn by style icons like Audrey Hepburn, Marilyn Monroe, Elizabeth Taylor, Grace Kelly, Kate Middleton, Olivia Palermo and Poppy Delevingne. Depending on the dress’s silhouette – and your personal style, of course! – wedding dresses with sleeves can range from chic and classic or whimsical and romantic, to fashion forward and contemporary or all-out boho. And today, we’ve picked 25 of our favourite long sleeve wedding dresses to inspire your own! THe best news is that many dresses can be altered to add sleeves of your choice, so get pinning below…
1. With its plunging neck and ruffled sleeves, this Alexandra Grecco gown is the stuff of dreams.
2. Our real bride Audrey looked spectacular on her big day in a fitted and flared long-sleeve gown from Katya Katya with an open back.
3. Silver, sequinned, backless, and high-low – there is not one thing about this long sleeve gown that doesn’t get us excited!
4. We don’t know what we love more, the plunging neckline, the long sleeves or that beautiful lace. A gorgeous dress by Wtoo by Watters for BHLDN.
5. We adored real bride Maria’s sparkling winter wedding style, her heavily beaded gown was the perfect choice for a glamorous festive bash.
6. The silhouette on this Karen Wilis Holmes Curve dress is stunning – a gorgeous option for a bride who wants a sophisticated, yet sexy long sleeve dress.
7. For a little drama and a lot of ruffles, our hearts skipped a beat with this gorgeous prairie-style gown by Katya Katya.
8. It’s easy to see why we were entirely smitten with real bride Shelly and her embellished long-sleeve Needle and Thread wedding dress.
9. The flared sleeves, the deep V with the sheer edging, the chic wrap-style waist – we’re more than mildly obsessed with real bride Kim’s Reformation wedding dress.
10. There’s a lot of reason to fall for this Paolo Sebastian wedding dress (hello, celestial embroidery!) but those long sleeves are just one.
11. Oh the elegance! With its floral embroidery and puff fleeves, this Rime Arodaky gown is a modern classic.
12. Lee-Ann looked beyond beautiful in her Halfpenny London Gown from The White Gallery.
13. Looking for an entirely unique long sleeve wedding dress? We love the playful feel of this oversized point d’esprit dress by Immaclé.
14. A sophisticated take on a long sleeve wedding dress, the square neckline on this Alexandra Grecco gown sets this one apart.
15. Irish bride Lindsay (aka House of Hannah) wore this beautiful sheer sleeve gown by Paolo Sebastian for her destination wedding – we are in love!
16. Rue De Seine are always winners for bold, long sleeve wedding dresses, but this nude, blackless pattered gown with statement while appliqué is just unabashedly cool.
17. Cool real bride Susanna looked effortlessly stylish and so gorgeous in her long sleeve lace dress by Anna Georgina from Alice May Bridal.
18. This might be the perfect timeless silhouette – a long-sleeve lace stunner is by Sareh Nouri.
18. Induce gasps from your guests with this ultra glamorous long sleeve wedding dress by Berta.
20. Long sleeve wedding dresses are the perfect excuse to add a splash of colour to your big day look. Temperley London have lots of beautiful long sleeve gowns, but this one is a firm favourite!
21. Olivia rocked a short and most definitely sweet tailored dress from super cool bridal label Kaviar Gauche.
22. Alyson looked breathtaking in this beautiful gown embellished with pearls by Julie Vino.
23. A statement square neckline with those structured sleeves is a tailored bridal look to die for by Suzanne Neville – excellent choice Emily!
24. Just look at the 3D applique on Michaela’s bell sleeves – serious wow factor by Rime Arodaky.
25. Sleeves made for a fairytale gown. Laura’s Alena Leena dress had us swooning!
For more gorgeous long sleeve wedding dresses, pay a visit to our wedding dress gallery!