If you’re looking for a wedding venue that mixes old-world glamour with modern conveniences, then you’re going to absolutely love the (almost!) 200-year-old manor that is Kilshane House! So what makes this country house wedding venue so spectacular? Well, it’s all about the setting, the gardens, and the fabulous Orangerie! Built in 1822 and sitting on 320 acres of private parkland in the heart of County Tipperary, this wonderful venue boasts stunning gardens, divine spaces and the capacity to host weddings of 260+ guests. There’s so much to love about this venue, we just can’t wait to tell you more!
The Vibe At Kilshane House Weddings
The great thing about Kilshane House is that the venue, and all of its stunning spaces, will be exclusively yours for your wedding day, meaning that you and your guests will feel like you’re in your own world! Boasting an intimate and informal atmosphere, it’s perfect for couples looking for a relaxed venue with a house-party vibe. Catering for 260+ guests, Kilshane House weddings are defined by the stunning grounds, the fantastic food and the old-world glamour of the house itself. Its location in Co. Tipperary, in the centre of Ireland, means it’s easily accessible for your guests, even if they’re travelling from a far corner of the country, or from abroad via Dublin or Shannon Airport. The venue’s wedding packages are all-inclusive (including a late bar!), so there are no hidden extras, and are designed to celebrate the season, so your wedding will have a unique look and feel, depending on the time of year. Prices range from €140 per person to €150, also depending on the time of year.
The Space At Kilshane House
From the 320 acres of wild woodland to the exquisite pagoda by the lake, right up to the curvilinear Conservatory, there’s a space at Kilshane House to suit every part of your big day!
- An elegant dinner in the formal dining room for 24 guests the night before the wedding can be expanded to 100 in the Conservatory.
- You can also kick off your wedding in style with an informal party in the Billiard Room with the QT Bar, as family and friends arrive, setting the pace for the weekend!
- The huge curvilinear Conservatory, which dates back to 1860, is ideal for intimate wedding ceremonies all year ’round, and is also a great spot for pre-dinner drinks and music. The Conservatory can also seat 100+ guests for a BBQ the day after the wedding!
- Wedding ceremonies in the pagoda on the lake or in one of the beautiful gardens are incredibly special.
- The stunning Orangerie is likely where you’ll have your reception. Set under a canopy of mature oak trees with a view of the lake, it boasts a full bar at one end and the dancefloor at the other, and, along with the new terrace (more on that below!), it can seat upwards of 260 guests for fine dining. This room really is so beautiful. It’s decorated with full-length fairy light curtains on the French doors, organza ceiling drapes, candelabras on the tables and tea lights everywhere, at no additional charge.
- The Orangerie boasts a brand new terrace along its south side, under glass, with both heating and air-conditioning.
The Food At Kilshane House
The wedding feast at Kilshane House is a seasonal affair, so, whenever you’re getting married, you and your guests will be tasting the very best of what’s on offer. There are mouth-watering options from canapés to late-night food, and across cocktails and wine. Choosing your menu and wines is a total joy with Head Chef Ralf Mahler and the venue’s in-house wine specialist guiding the way at your complimentary menu tasting. With duck leg, Irish venison, monkfish and Kerry lamb among the items on offer, your guests will still be raving about their meal for years to come. The venue’s all-inclusive packages include cocktails, canapés, a six-course gala wedding dinner with a choice of main course, dessert, mid-night supper, and half bottle of house wine for each guest.
The Accommodation At Kilshane House
Kilshane House boasts all the advantages of a private house and none of the disadvantages of a hotel – there are 54 en-suite bedrooms on site, which are available only to you and your wedding guests. The beautiful bridal suite is complimentary on the night of the wedding, while there are four grand bedrooms in the main house, each with generous bathrooms, and 12 classic en-suite bedrooms in the wing overlooking the Conservatory and gardens. There’s also the charming and private Oak Yard and the Stone Yard mews houses, each with a sitting room, a fully equipped kitchen, and delightful en-suites bedrooms. Your guests will be in the lap of luxury!
The Extras At Kilshane House
If you fancy pushing the boat out, the team at Kilshane House will be happy to help you take your day to the next level. Maybe you’re thinking of having a magician on the big day, or singing waiters, or fireworks… the sky is quite literally the limit! As for activities, walks on the grounds are magical, and may include the Victorian greenhouse and the Sacred Garden of Meditation. Boat trips on the lake, clay pigeon shooting, archery, and quad bike tours are also available. There are fantastic options for pre-wedding or day-two celebrations, too. An elegant dinner for 24 in the formal dining room can be expanded to 100 in the Conservatory, while a day-two BBQ provides the opportunity to kick off your shoes and relax with friends and family!
To find out more about weddings at Kilshane House and book a private viewing, get in touch via email at email@example.com or call +353 62 82444.