Good morning, Avon! It’s Thursday, so let’s get you started with everything you need to know going on around town today.
First, today’s weather:
Sun mixing with clouds. High: 39 Low: 28.
Here are the top stories in Avon today:
- Former bakery in Avon could become central Connecticut’s first self-serve craft beer taproom (Hartford Courant)
- CT native Taisun Phommachanh on market after transfer from Clemson: ‘We’ll see who’s serious’ (CT Insider)
- Avon-Area Unemployment Rate Decreases: New Update (Avon Patch)
- ‘Stunning, Privately-Sited’ Home Hits The Market In Avon (Avon Patch)
Today’s Avon Daily is brought to you in part by Newrez, a leading nationwide mortgage lender. Make a smart move for your future and refinance with Newrez today. Call 844-979-1707 to connect with a Newrez loan officer. Newrez, LLC (NMLS #3013)
Today in Avon:
- AWPCA Meeting – Avon Town Clerk (5:30 PM)
- Going to Extremes with Peter Mandel – Avon Free Public Library (6:30 PM)
- Snow Date: AHS Orchestra – Avon High School (7:00 PM)
From my notebook:
- Avon Free Public Library: “European Christmas traditions Thursday, December 16th @ 2:00 pm (via Zoom) Experience the magic of European Christmas traditions with Bella Europa Travel! This informative virtual program will introduce you to the different traditional f…” (Facebook)
- Avon Free Public Library: “December Teen Advisory Board Tuesday, December 14th @ 5:00 pm open to teens in grades 9-12 This will be our first in person meeting since 2020! We will meet in the Community Room, and everyone will be required to wear a mask. We will do …” (Facebook)
- Farmington Valley Arts Center: “You won’t be late on December Eight! @fishergiftgallery #localartists #avonct #woodworking #shopsmall #art” (Facebook)
From our sponsors — thanks for supporting local news!
Loving the Avon Daily? Here are all the ways you can get more involved:
Alrighty, you’re all caught up for today. I’ll see you soon!
— Richard Kaufman
About me: I’m a local Patch editor for Connecticut. I enjoy finding out what makes a community tick, and sharing impactful and meaningful stories.