Mother Son Songs For Wedding: The Ultimate List
A wedding is a special day not just for the bride and the groom but also for their families. The mother-son dance is an important part of the wedding reception, a moment where the mother and son share a sentimental dance to signify the bond they share. This moment can also be accompanied by a mother son song that speaks to the emotions that come with this occasion. To help you choose the perfect song for this moment, we have put together a list of the best mother son songs for wedding.
1. “A Song For Mama” by Boyz II Men
Boyz II Men’s “A Song For Mama” is hands down one of the best mother son songs for wedding. The song is a heartfelt tribute to mothers, acknowledging the sacrifices that they make for their children. The lyrics express deep appreciation and love for everything that a mother is and does. The sentiment of this song makes it the perfect choice for any son looking to pay homage to his mom on his wedding day.
2. “My Wish” by Rascal Flatts
“My Wish” by Rascal Flatts is a timeless classic that can be used for a mother son dance or a father daughter dance as well. The song is all about wishing the very best for your loved ones and hoping they achieve their dreams. The lyrics are relatable for any parent, making it a great song to commemorate the bond between a mother and son.
3. “God Only Knows” by The Beach Boys
The Beach Boys’ “God Only Knows” is a charming and angelic song that captures the essence of a mother’s love. The song is about how important mothers are in our lives and how they tirelessly work to provide for us. The lyrics perfectly complement the slow-paced melody and create a dreamy atmosphere perfect for an emotional mother-son dance.
4. “When You Need Me” by Bruce Springsteen
Bruce Springsteen’s “When You Need Me” is an excellent choice for mother-son dances where the groom wants to show his gratitude for his mother’s support. The song talks about being there for your loved ones through thick and thin. The repeated lyrics “When you need me” add to the solemnity of the moment and remind the mother that her support means everything to her son.
5. “Forever Young” by Rod Stewart
Rod Stewart’s “Forever Young” is a song that celebrates the growth of a child into an adult, ultimately thanking the mother for everything she has done to make this happen. The lyrics communicate feelings of gratitude, love, and pride. The upbeat melody and lyrics make it a perfect song for those who want to have a fun mother-son dance.
The mother-son dance is a chance for the groom to thank his mother for being there for him throughout his life. This moment becomes even more special with the perfect song choice that can reflect the special bond between mother and son. The songs listed above are some of the best mother son songs for weddings, each offering a unique form of gratitude and love. Make the most of this special moment with the perfect song and create a memory that will last a lifetime.
Top Inquiries About Mother Son Songs For Wedding
What are good mother son songs for a wedding?
There are many great mother son songs that can be played at a wedding. Here are three of the most popular ones:
1. “My Wish” by Rascal Flatts: This song is perfect for a loving and sentimental mother-son dance. It has a beautiful melody and uplifting lyrics, making it a great choice for a wedding.
2. “You Raise Me Up” by Josh Groban: This touching song has a powerful meaning and is perfect for a mother who has been there for her son through thick and thin. It’s a beautiful song that will tug at everyone’s heartstrings.
3. “What a Wonderful World” by Louis Armstrong: This classic tune is a great choice for a mother-son dance. It has a timeless quality and a universal message that makes it perfect for weddings.
What are some modern mother son songs to play at a wedding?
For a more modern twist on the mother-son dance, consider playing one of these contemporary songs:
1. “Beautiful Boy (Darling Boy)” by John Lennon: This classic song has a modern edge and a beautiful message that will resonate with mothers and their sons.
2. “Simple Man” by Lynyrd Skynyrd: This timeless classic has been remade by several modern artists, making it a versatile choice for any wedding.
3. “You Are the Best Thing” by Ray LaMontagne: This upbeat and catchy song is perfect for a fun and energetic mother-son dance. It’s sure to get everyone on their feet and dancing the night away.
How do I choose the perfect mother son song for my wedding?
Choosing the perfect mother son song for your wedding can be a daunting task. Here are three things to consider when making your choice:
1. Your Relationship: The song you choose should reflect the unique and special relationship you have with your mother. Choose a song that is meaningful and sentimental to both of you.
2. The Mood: The song you choose should complement the overall mood and theme of your wedding. Consider the tone you want to set and choose a song that fits.
3. The Message: The lyrics of the song should convey a message that is appropriate for your wedding. Look for a song that has a positive and uplifting message that will resonate with your guests.
What should the mother and son do during the dance?
During the mother-son dance, there are a few things that you can do to make it special:
1. Make Eye Contact: Look at each other during the dance and focus on the moment. This is a special moment that you will both remember for years to come.
2. Talk to Each Other: Use this time to share your feelings with your mother. Tell her how much she means to you and how grateful you are to have her in your life.
3. Enjoy the Moment: This is your moment to shine, so enjoy it! Let go of any nerves or worries and just have fun.
When should the mother son dance take place during the wedding?
The mother-son dance typically takes place after the father-daughter dance and before the rest of the guests are invited to join in on the dance floor. It’s usually best to schedule it early in the reception, while everyone is still seated at their tables. This allows for a more intimate and personal moment between the mother and son.
Common False Assumptions Concerning Mother Son Songs For Wedding
The Misconceptions Surrounding Mother Son Songs for Weddings:
When it comes to wedding ceremonies, the mother-son dance is one of the most significant highlights. It’s an emotional moment for both mother and son and a perfect opportunity to show their love and affection to each other. However, there are misconceptions about mother son songs for weddings that most people are not aware of. In this article, we shall explore some of these misconceptions and set the record straight.
Misconception #1: The mother-son dance is an outdated tradition
One of the common misconceptions about mother son song for weddings is that it’s an outdated tradition. However, the mother-son dance is an enduring tradition that has stood the test of time. It’s a tribute to the mother of the groom and a way to share this special moment with her in front of family and friends. From the emotional dance, the songs provide a chance for the groom to thank his mother and show his deep affection for her.
Misconception #2: The lyrics of mother-son songs must be emotional and sentimental
Another common misconception is that all mother-son songs for weddings must be emotional and with sentimental lyrics. However, this is not entirely true. Just like any other wedding song, a mother-son song can be upbeat, jazzy, or even funky. The song must reflect the relationship between the mother and the son; hence, the choice of genre is not limited to a specific type of music.
Misconception #3: Only slow songs are appropriate for mother-son dances
Some people believe that mother-son dances should be slow, drawn-out songs, but this could not be further from the truth. While there is an abundance of popular slow songs that are great for dances, a mother and son can dance to any of their favorite tunes. The pace of the song is entirely dependent on the respective mother-son duos, and it’s essential to choose a song that suits your style and your relationship.
Misconception #4: The song should only be about the relationship between the mother and son
It’s essential to highlight that mother-son songs are not limited to songs solely about their relationship. While the song’s message must be respectful and suitable for the occasion, the song can also celebrate other aspects of life, such as family and happiness. For example, popular songs like “What a Wonderful World” by Louis Armstrong and “Ain’t No Mountain High Enough” by Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell are great options for mother-son songs.
Misconception #5: Mother-son dances should be at the beginning of the reception
Finally, there’s a misunderstanding that the mother-son dance should be at the beginning of the wedding reception. However, there’s no rule for when the dance should happen. In deciding when to have the mother-son dance, it’s essential to consider the events on the itinerary, the timing for the wedding, and the mother’s preferences. Generally, the mother-son dance happens after the father-daughter dance, but it can happen at any time during the reception.
In summary, there are several misconceptions surrounding mother-son dances at weddings. As we’ve discussed, the dance is not outdated, the song choice is not limited to slow songs, and it doesn’t have to be solely about the mother-son relationship. Instead, it’s a great way to celebrate family and a once-in-a-lifetime moment to show love, affection and gratitude to the groom’s mother.
Mother Son Songs For Wedding
#Mother #Son #Songs #Wedding