Blake Shelton will release a deluxe edition of his Body Language album on December 3, and now he’s revealed the new songs it will contain.
Breaking the news to fans with little more than two months before it arrives, Shelton says Body Language Deluxe will feature four new tracks — including star-studded collaborations, his new single and a track the country superstar been teasing for months — the one he wrote for his wedding to Gwen Stefani.
Looking back, Body Language arrived in 2020 and has already extended Shelton’s streak as a chart topper. It’s first single, “Happy Anywhere” with Stefani, went Platinum and hit Number One at country radio, then the Oklahoma native followed up with “Minimum Wage” and his just released “Come Back As a Country Boy” — a track dedicated to staying country in this life and the next. But the best may be yet to come.
Along with “Come Back As a Country Boy,” Body Lanugage Deluxe will also feature a collab with Country Music Hall of Fame duo Brooks & Dunn on “Throw It Back” (Bobby Pinson, Ben Hayslip, Rhett Akins). Rising star and “God’s Country” co-writer HARDY will join Shelton for a collab on “Fire Up The Night” (Michael Hardy, Jordan Schmidt, Brian Kelley, Bart Butler). And finally, fans will get to hear the song Shelton wrote for his new wife — “We Can Reach The Stars.”
Back in august, Shelton told SiriusXM’s The Highway about writing the song with the legendary Craig Wiseman, and presenting it to Stefani as a wedding gift. He also said figured fans would one day hear it, and on December 3 that day arrives.
“I think it’s something I want to share because I’m really proud of it,” Shelton said. “And I’m, I, you know, to me, a marriage, a ceremony is you’re not keeping it private when you get married to somebody. You’re announcing to the world, ‘Hey, this is my wife, just so everybody knows.’ That’s why we wear these rings. You know, this is where we’re together now. And, and I feel that way about the song. It’s like, it is a, uh, you know, for me something that I want people to hear and know, and because I’m, I’m proud to be married to Gwen and so proud of that song.”
BODY LANGUAGE DELUXE TRACK LISTING
- Come Back As A Country Boy (Michael Hardy, Josh Thompson, Jordan Schmidt)
- Fire Up The Night (feat. HARDY) (Michael Hardy, Jordan Schmidt, Brian Kelley, Bart Butler)
- Minimum Wage (Nicolle Galyon, Jesse Frasure, Corey Crowder)
- Body Language (feat. The Swon Brothers) (Colton Swon, Zach Swon, Matt McGinn, Ryan Beaver)
- Happy Anywhere (feat. Gwen Stefani) (Ross Copperman, Josh Osborne, Matt Jenkins)
- Now I Don’t (Jessi Alexander, Alysa Vanderheym, Michael Hardy)
- Monday Mornin’ Missin’ You (Jessi Alexander, Deric Ruttan, Josh Thompson)
- Corn (Craig Wiseman, Matt Dragstrem, Chris Tompkins, Rodney Clawon)
- Makin’ It Up As You Go (Brad Tursi, Shane McAnally, Josh Osborne)
- Whatcha Doin’ Tomorrow (Dallas Davidson, Kyle Fishman, Casey Beathard)
- The Girl Can’t Help It (Ben Hayslip, Josh Osborne, Mark Holman)
- The Flow (Shane McAnally, Ross Copperman, Josh Osborne)
- Neon Time (Jaron Boyer, Michael Tyler, Ben West)
- Bible Verses (Joe Fox, Andrew Peebles, Brett Sheroky)
- Throw It On Back (feat. Brooks & Dunn) (Bobby Pinson, Ben Hayslip, Rhett Akins)
- We Can Reach The Stars (Blake Shelton, Craig Wiseman)