In the wonderful world of wedding style, we are familiar with something old, something new, something borrowed and something blue – but what about something different? Mix and match bridesmaid dresses have become a staple style choice and is a fabulous way to put your own stamp on bridesmaid style. Not only that but you can choose something that suits the individual person, whether that’s colour, neckline, hemline, sleeves or no sleeves, silk or sequins – the possibilities are endless. Our real bridesmaids below have proven below how mix and match bridesmaid dresses can be personalised in many different shades, textures and styles, but can marry together marvellously. If you’re in search of your something different, here’s your inspiration – Pinterest boards open, ladies!
1. The perfect terracotta mix and match dresses are from Next, Object and ASOS. We love the palette’s rusty hues! Check out this autumnal wedding day here!
2. These beautiful bridesmaids, all wore individual mix and match dresses in a range of different yet complementary shades. Inspired by a photograph of a bouquet, the ladies were then asked to choose a dress guided by a colour from the image. Their colour palette consisted of reds, and pinks, mustard and plum and the dresses were purchased individually by choice by each of the ladies. Check out this wedding day in full here.
3. The cool-toned bridal party were dressed in a selection of mix and match dresses in different textures and shades of blue going from icy to navy! The dresses are from BHLDN and Birdy Grey. Click here to view this wedding day in full.
4. We adore this fabulous mix and match bridesmaid line up bursting with pastel pink and rich burgundy hues, with a pretty print in the mix – dresses by Jenny Yoo and separates by Watters. Check the full day out here!
5. The deep colours of these dresses give a real sense of the autumnal rustic vibe. These dress colour combos are truly magical and were sourced from H&M and JJ’s House. We love the addition of sparkle, which really catches the light. Check out this magical woodland autumnal wedding here!
6. Timeless, classic and elegant, black mix and match bridesmaid dresses were perfect for this dreamy Dublin city wedding day! This selection of gowns were Coast, H&M & Diane Von Furstenberg. Check out the wedding day in full here.
7. How divine are these pastel beauties? Powder blue and soft pink shades were sprinkled throughout this wedding day and the bridesmaid dresses matched perfectly. The dresses are from Ghost, make sure to check out the full day here!
8. This Disney-inspired wedding day saw all nine bridesmaids showcase mix and match dresses in all different shades of blue with a selection of necklines. All dresses were purchased from David’s Bridal and all the details from this magical day are right here!
9. Gorgeous in gold! Emma’s bridesmaids were shimmering in golden glamour in dresses from ASOS and Forever Unique. Check out this back-garden wedding day here!
10. These stunning mix and match bridesmaid dresses were designed by our real bride Kerrie at Folkster! We just love the champagne and green mix. Check the day out here!
Check out our dedicated Bridesmaid Style section here! Or why not get more tips on how to be the best bridesmaid ever or How to do Mix and Match Groomswear!