Wednesday, July 14, 2021
View Larger +
Social Enterprise Greenhouse (SEG) Impact Accelerator program is graduating a new class of entrepreneurs.
The program is delivered in partnership with Brown University and is funded by the Rhode Island Department of Labor and Training’s Back to Work RI Initiative, and a number of other organizations.
Over 200 social ventures have graduated from SEG’s Accelerator programs since 2010. The event has particular significance as it is the twentieth Impact Accelerator SEG has facilitated. The social ventures pitching to a live online audience on July 14th are as follows:
GET THE LATEST BREAKING NEWS HERE — SIGN UP FOR GOLOCAL FREE DAILY EBLAST
● ArmHug is an in-home healthcare supply company that delivers one-of-kind kits enabling mobile phlebotomists to collect blood samples twice as fast and with higher quality. Hennesys Disla of Brooklyn, N.Y.
● AskPortia.ai delivers AI-powered personalized daily nutrition guidance to help millennials who love multicultural, traditional foods and are at risk for overweight or obesity make consistently smarter eating and snacking decisions. Ann-Marie Stephens and Ed Stephens of Norfolk, Va.
● Beat the Streets New England (BTSNE) utilizes the sport of wrestling to provide opportunities for youth to discover their full potential by building relationships with themselves, their team, and their community. Maxwell LeMay of Attleboro, Mass., and Bior Guigni of Boston, Mass.
● Bliss Bites is a snack company offering adventurous, delicious, and nourishing protein bites which are 100% gluten-free, plant-based, and infused with superfoods and flavors from around the world. Erina McWilliam-Lopez of Gloucester, Mass.
● Bloom Back Flowers is a Providence-based events, funeral, wedding, and everyday florist, curating flower designs using unique stems bursting with personality and gifting back a portion of the proceeds to individuals and organizations in need. Angela Rotondo of Johnston, R.I.
● Book Summer is an online program designed to match enthusiastic and highly skilled moderators to tweens and teens leveraging easy-to-use and fun online tools to create (or re-start) a joy for reading. Scott Schroeder of Warren, R.I.
● The Community Compost Depot, Inc. Working together with communities to ensure the value of their organic resources remains local, to grow food, create jobs, reduce waste and improve the environment. Michael Bradlee of Providence, R.I.
● Conexión Latina Newport educates, informs, mobilizes and advocates for all Hispanics in Newport, R.I., partnering with social services, education, and government agencies on how to best meet the needs of Newport’s Hispanic community. Rebekah Gomez of Jamestown, R.I., and Yolanda Macías of Newport, R.I.
● DouBaby Essentials LLC is a multicultural, virtual platform that simplifies and elevates culture and heritage for pregnant and new moms while equipping, celebrating, empowering them through coaching, concierge, and community. Debra Jonfelix of Providence, R.I.
● Embodied Liberation Institute (ELI) is a global education program for healing arts practitioners focused on client healing within relational, embodied, trauma-informed, liberatory and emergent practices. Sage Hayes of Cranston, R.I.
● Gather Together United As 1 seeks to empower its community members to break the cycle of homelessness and poverty, through engagement, education, advocacy and implementation of innovative programming that drive system-level change. Alexandrea Gonzalez of Providence, R.I.
● The Healthy Qrew is a society for people of African descent focused on redeeming the power of the African narrative. We do this through spiritual care, education, leadership, and community building. Jillian Quainoo of Chicago, IL
● The Hire is a people-first talent acquisition partner transforming the recruiting landscape by keeping people at the core of every decision. Erin Pavane of Providence, R.I.
● How We Juicing? provides accessible and affordable healthy food options to communities that are normally underserved or that do not have access to healthy food nearby. Sophonie LaFortune of Providence, R.I.
● Project Pasta is a plant-based and allergen-free, fresh pasta company addressing agriculture and environmental concerns as well as inspiring youth to preserve and modernize global food traditions. Jamie Freda of Warren, R.I.
● PR with Heart® is a mission-driven and socially conscious approach to public relations. Our boutique, bilingual communications consultancy works with you from a place of excitement, passion, and a genuine desire to make the world a better place. Tanya Rivas of Providence, R.I.