Welcome back, Milford. Here’s all the local news, events, and community posts you need for Friday, Dec. 10.
First, today’s weather:
Milder with clouds and sun. High: 49 Low: 39.
Here are the top stories in Milford today:
- Superintendent: Error led to inaccurate COVID report for Milford (Milford Mirror)
- Milford Events Calendar: See What’s Happening This Weekend (Milford Patch)
- Milford Weather Forecast For The Weekend Ahead (Milford Patch)
- Celebration of Trees returns to Bridgeport Hospital Milford campus (Milford Mirror)
- 5 New Homes For Sale In The Milford Area (Milford Patch)
- Obituary: John Eugene Becker, 84, formerly of Milford (Milford Patch)
- Adopt From Milford Area Shelters: New Dogs, Cats Added This Week (Milford Patch)
Today’s Milford Daily is brought to you in part by our friends at Verizon. They’re building the fastest 5G network in the country. To learn how 5G is going to change life for you and your community — and to get access to this amazing technology — click here. And thank you Verizon for sponsoring this community resource in Milford!
Today in Milford:
- 2nd Annual Frosty Fest (A drive by/walk through fundraiser) (9:00 AM)
- Milford Campus Celebration of Trees (10:00 AM)
- Virtual Celebration of Trees (10:00 AM)
- V G BKB Jonathan Law v. Stratford (Scrim.) (2:45 PM)
- Kabbalat Shabbat with Torah Service (7:30 PM)
- “It’s Beginning to Look A Lot Like Cocktails? (7:30 PM)
- Live Music: Kathy Thompson Band at Milford Sports Pub & Grill (9:00 PM)
From my notebook:
- Lauralton Hall Alumnae: “The Lauralton Hall community is saddened to share the news of the passing of Sister Lilyan Fraher, RSM. Sister Lil was a member of the Class of 1955, a member of the LH Board of Trustees, a 1996 Claven Award Recipient, and a beloved facu…” (Facebook)
- American Legion Post 196: “WE ARE NOW SERVING FOOD FRIDAY 3-7 SATURDAY 12-5 SUNDAY 12-5 This weeks Menu Fri 12-10-21 thru Sun12-12-21” (Facebook)
- Milford Arts Council, the MAC: “Reminder please note our monthly open mic has a special change of date for the month of December. Open Mic will be on the 3rd Wednesday of the month on Dec 15th before we go back to 2nd Wednesdays in January.” (Facebook)
- Milford Regional Chamber of Commerce, CT: “Thanks to Walnut Beach Association for a great 2021 holiday party at VFW Post 7788! DJ Erik had everyone dancing and there was plentiful fantastic food from Lasse’s Restaurant . A festive night of celebration with friends, family and nei…” (Facebook)
- The Boys & Girls Club of Milford, CT: “Giuseppe won bingo two times today!! ” (Facebook)
- Housatonic River Clean Up, Inc.: “Happy holidays from us to you!” (Facebook)
- The Boys & Girls Club of Milford, CT: “Be sure to visit our friends at Wine and More for this unique opportunity!” (Facebook)
- Milford Public Library: “Tonight at 7pm via Zoom, the Library is hosting a program on the Size & Scale of the Universe. Zoom in to hear Astronomer Kevin Manning present a virtual journey into the cosmos looking at both the very small, and the very large. Kevin i…” (Facebook)
- Nextdoor Neighbor, Merwin Ave: “End of the season fall cleanups!!! – If you need your leaves removed…please call John. 8609604463” (Nextdoor)
- Nextdoor Neighbor, Devon/Walnut Beach: “Ice Rink for sale – Hello. If anyone has a backyard ice rink for sale please let me know. Thanks” (Nextdoor)
- Nextdoor Neighbor, Cooper Ave: “Hairdresser – Does anyone know a cost cutters hairdresser named Marylin? She left the salon and no one there can help me know where she went. I really liked her and hope someone might know where she is working now.” (Nextdoor)
- Nextdoor Neighbor, Rowe Ave: “Hey guys, l’m new to the Milford area . – Just moved from westchester New York I don’t really know much about the town but it seems like a cute town. Any recommendations, currently don’t know anyone !!” (Nextdoor)
From our sponsors — thanks for supporting local news!
Gigs & services:
Loving the Milford Daily? Here are all the ways you can get more involved:
- Send a friend or neighbor this link so they can subscribe
- Get your local business listed in front of readers
- Send me a news tip or suggestion at Milford@Patch.com
Now you’re in the loop and ready to head out the door on this Friday. See you all tomorrow morning for another update!
— Chris Rhatigan
About me: Chris Rhatigan is a freelance writer and editor.