STATEN ISLAND, N.Y. — Wedding season is upon us, but given the state of the pandemic world in the past two years or more, many of us are wondering what gift to give the perfect couple? Have gifts changed since pre-pandemic times?
Luckily, the Knot, a popular authority in wedding planning, advice and products, recently announced the winners of the sixth annual The Knot Registry Awards, a roundup of hand-picked items by couples and a team of experts, spanning categories including kitchen, bed and bath, smart home, outdoor, travel, lifestyle, cleaning and organizing, electronics and more.
The awards features 120 physical products as well as unique cash funds, gift cards and experiences. “The wedding boom is here and demand is at its highest peak in decades,” said Lauren Kay, Executive Editor of The Knot. “Many couples are brimming with excitement to finally celebrate with loved ones and are in the full swing of wedding planning and creating their registries.”
For 2022, wedding guests should definitely not feel like it’s impersonal to stay away from a physical gift, because winners of The Knot Registry Awards include gift cards to Airbnb, honeymoon and house cash funds, and even NBA and MLB tickets.
However, if you’re more of a traditionalist and want to give a tried-and-true staple as a present, some of the most requested products include:
KitchenAid Artisan Series 5 Qt. Stand Mixer— Retails for $379. This 10-speed slide control ranges from a very fast whip to a very slow stir.
- Includes Flat Beater, Dough Hook and Wire Whip
- Power Hub for Additional Attachments
- Unique Mixing Action
- Assembled with Pride in Greenville, Ohio.Hub Cover:Non-Hinged
- Choose from all the color options to find the one that best matches your style and personality.
- The power hub turns your stand mixer into a culinary center with more than 15 optional attachments available.
2. ZWILLING Fresh & Save Vacuum Sealer Machine Starter Set, Glass 6-piece BPA Free, Meal Prep, Sous Vide — Retails for $79. SET INCLUDES: 1 large vacuum food storage container, 2 small and 2 medium vacuum sealer bags for food, 1 rechargeable vacuum sealer machine
- SAVE TIME AND MONEY: Keeps food fresh up to five times longer than non-vacuum storage methods
- EASY MEAL PREP: The easy-zip closure makes meal prep simple so you can save time and make healthy choices.
- TAKE YOUR FAVORITE SNACKS EVERYWHERE: These reusable snack bags are perfect for every occasion. Pack them with your favorite snack for school, work, or even at the pool.
3. Roomba i3+ Bagless WiFi Enabled Robotic Vacuum — Retails for $499.99. POWERFUL CLEANING—SCHEDULED AROUND YOUR LIFE – Whether you’re relaxing at home or out enjoying life, Roomba i3+ EVO takes care of dirt and messes with a Premium 3-Stage Cleaning System and 10x the Power-Lifting Suction*. *Compared to Roomba 600 series
- CLEAN BY ROOM, YOU’RE IN CONTROL – Roomba i3+ EVO learns your home and creates an Imprint Smart Map so you can direct it to clean any room you want, any time you want—either on a set schedule or in the moment
- DON’T LIFT A FINGER FOR MONTHS- The Clean Base Automatic Dirt Disposal allows the i3+ EVO to empty itself into an enclosed bag that captures 99% of particles as small as .7 microns and holds up to 60 days of cleanings
- CLEANING IN TIDY ROWS – Cleans intelligently in straight lines back and forth, to thoroughly clean your floors while navigating around furniture. When the i3+ EVO needs to recharge, it will resume right where it left off ensuring a complete clean
4. Staub 4 Qt. Cast Iron Round Dutch Oven with Lid — Retails of $369.95. Made in France.
- Heavy weight, tight-fitting lid retains moisture, spikes on the lid create a rain-forest effect evenly returning juices back onto food
- Oven safe up to 900F/482C without lid, Lids are oven safe up to 500F/260C
- Nickel steel knob
- Smooth enamel bottom works on all stovetops, including gas, electric, glass, ceramic, induction, and halogen
- Unique, interior matte texture results in exceptional browning
- Dishwasher safe, hand wash recommended
To see the full list of winners, click here.