Millersport Community Theatre will present “The Wedding Singer: The Musical” at the Millersport Elementary Auditorium stage this summer. The cast includes familiar Millersport faces such as Julie Whetstone, Johanna and Benton LeuVoy, and Evan Bruckelmeyer, and some new faces from all over central Ohio. Show dates/times are July 16 and 17 at 7:30 p.m. and at 2 p.m. July 18 House opens 30 minutes before the showtime. Tickets can be bought at www.mctohio.com for $15. The show is rated PG-13.
Spring sports awards
The baseball, softball and track teams of Millersport High School concluded successful spring sports seasons.
Members of the Baseball Team received the following awards:
- 1st Team All MSL – Tate Treinish
- 2nd Team All MSL – Tyler Hall and Michael Levacy
- Honorable Mention All MSL – Cody Blosser
- 2nd Team All Central District – Tyler Hall and Michael Levacy
- Honorable Mention All-Central District – Tate Treinish
- 1st Team All-Ohio – Tate Treinish and Tyler Hall
- Honorable Mention All-Ohio – Michael Levacy
The 2021 softball team finished 18-7 and broke the school win record. The following members of the Softball Team received awards:
- Unanimous 1st Team All-MSL – Brooke Hurst and Becky Schilling
- 2nd Team All-MSL – Courtney Spencer
- Honorable Mention All-MSL – Emily Blevins and Roni Rarey
- Unanimous 1st Team All-Central District – Becky Schilling and Brooke Hurst
- Honorable Mention All-Central District – Roni Rarey
- 2nd Team All-Ohio – Becky Schilling
Members of the Track Team won the following awards:
- 1st Team All-MSL – Syanna Singleton – discus
- 2nd Team All-MSL – Emma DiYanni – 800m and 1600m run
- Girls 4×100 relay team – Alex Kelly, Delaney Leonard, McKenzie Qurshi, Izabella Erlenbach
- All-Central District – Izabella Erlenbach – 100m hurdles, Emma DiYanni – 800m and 1600m run
- State Track Meet Qualifier – Emma DiYanni – 3200m run, Emma DiYanni was named Academic All-Ohio.
Walnut Township Trustees
The Walnut Township Trustees held a special meeting June 28. The first item on the agenda was to accept, review and score the Request for Qualifications for the building of the tornado shelter at Fairfield Beach. The trustees voted to accept the RFQ from Schorr Architects, Inc.
The second item of business was the North Walnut Township Flooding Issue. Ten residents were in attendance to discuss this issue.
The third item of business was the American Rescue Plan and those things that qualify for the use of the funds.