Are you a non-traditional bride-to-be looking for something, a little, well, different for your best gal pals? You’ve come to the right place! Brides looking for ‘unbridesmaidy’ bridesmaid dresses often come to us for recommendations, so we thought it was only fair that we compile them all in one place! Whether you’re looking for mix and match bridesmaid dresses, cool jumpsuits, separates or high street dresses that work as bridesmaid ensembles, you’ve absolutely got to check out this list of the best brands for alternative bridesmaids dresses. Use this feature as your starting point, and your besties will be oh-so grateful! Without further ado, here are our favourite places to find unique and alternative bridesmaid dresses.
Dedicated Bridesmaids Dress Brands
Ready-to-Wear Brands with Dedicated Bridesmaids Dress Collections
Ready-to-Wear Brands & Retailers with Good Bridesmaid Dress Options
Alternative Bridesmaid Dresses: Plus Size Options
Alternative Bridesmaid Dresses: Sustainable Options
Alternative Bridesmaid Dresses: Maternity Options
Top Tips for Finding Alternative Bridesmaid Dresses
- Dedicated bridesmaids dress brands are a great place to start, but if you’re not finding exactly what you want there, broaden your search to include cool womenswear brands.
- Bridesmaid dresses are traditionally full-length, but consider short, midi-length or jumpsuit options for a cool, contemporary look.
- If shopping from the core collection of a popular womenswear brand, buy your dresses early, to reduce the chance that one of your guests will turn up in an identical dress to your bridesmaids!
- If you opt for simple bridesmaids dresses, remember that you can always use accessories to create a statement look. Think flower crowns, headpieces, belts, leather jackets, or denim jackets.
- Mix and match bridesmaid dresses add instant cool factor, even if they’re wearing a more classic style.
- Separates are a great way to create a bespoke look, and you can also change up the look for the reception.
*This post contains some affiliate links
Listen & Subscribe to The One Fab Day Wedding Podcast
You can listen to the One Fab Day Wedding Podcast wherever you get your podcasts, and search them on Spotify and Apple Podcasts.