BY entering the Promotion, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions (these Terms and Conditions).
Completion and submission of an entry form or e-mail will also be deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. Promotional materials relating to the Promotion, including all information on how to enter the Promotion published in
publications of the Promoter (defined below) (including social media if applicable) or on the Promoter’s websites, also form part of these Terms and Conditions.
In the event of any conflict between any terms referred to in such promotional materials and these Terms and
Conditions, these Terms and Conditions take precedence.
(www.suitdirect.co.uk); Savile Row mens designer Kabiru Abu @KabiruAbu; Apple Tree
Cakery York (@appletreecakeryyork); VistaPrint (www.vistaprint.com); Encore Musicians
(https://encoremusicians.com); Lottie Roberts Flowers (www.lottierobertsflowers.com);
London DE (www.londonde.com); House Coren (http://www.housecoren.co.uk/) The
Principal York Hotel (https://theprincipalyork.com); Hubble and Bubble
The promoter of this Promotion is News Group Newspapers Ltd (publishers of The Sun and The Sun on Sunday of 1 London Bridge Street, London, SE1 9GF (the Promoter).
Participation in the Promotion
- The Promotion is only open to residents of the United Kingdom only. The following
individuals are not eligible to enter the Promotion:
a) employees and agents of the Promoter, News Corp UK & Ireland Limited or other
b) employees and agents of any organisation directly connected with the operation or
fulfilment of the Promotion (including third party promotional partners) and their
respective associated, affiliated or subsidiary companies;
c) the immediate families and household members of all such employees and agents
referred to in (b) and (c); and
d) individuals under 18 years of age.
- The Promotion starts at 19.00 (UK time) on 12 February 2023 and closes at 23.59 (UK
time) on March 26 2023 (the Promotion Period). Any entries received outside the
Promotion Period will be void.
- Participants may make a maximum of one entry per person during the Promotion
Period. Bulk, automatically generated or third party entries are void.
- To enter you must send an email to: Sundayfeatures@the-sun.co.uk with the header
DREAM WEDDING in the subject line and say in fewer than 200 words why your
romance deserves to win. All entries must be accompanied by a photo and short video clip of you and your future groom/bride with full names, ages and where you live, as well as social media handles during the Promotion Period only.
5. Entries to the Promotion must be the original work of the participant and not
previously published. Entries which are or in the Promoter’s reasonable opinion
appear to be plagiarised will be disqualified. Participants acknowledge and agree that:
they have obtained all rights, licences, and permissions necessary, in writing,
from any person who may have helped create and/or be featured in their entry;
and their entry to the Promotion (including any text and photographs):
(i) does not contain or feature any personal information about any person
(including their name, contact details, a photograph of them and/or any
other identifying information) without that person’s consent (proof of which
must be provided to the Promoter upon request);
(ii) does not contain any content that is defamatory, libellous, racist,
homophobic, derogatory, pornographic, obscene, sexist, illegal, and/or
(iii) does not include trade marks, logos, or copyright protected material which
belongs to third parties without permission (including company names,
music, photographs, motion picture or television programme clips or audio
tracks, works of art, or images published on or in websites, television,
movies, or other media);
(iv) is not subject to any third party agreements and the Promoter will not be
required to pay any sums to any third party as a result of the Promoter’s use
(as set out in these Terms and Conditions) or the exploitation by the
Promoter of the idea, video or other rights contained in any entry; and
(v) does not contain any known virus, trojan horse, worm, trapdoor or similar
software that may in any way infect or affect any of the Promoter’s
hardware or software systems.
6. The Promoter reserves the right to remove or temporarily suspend from the Promotion any entries submitted if, in its reasonable opinion, it suspects any breach of these Terms and Conditions or if it receives any complaint from a third party relating to such entry.
7. Entries received which are not submitted via the official entry method will not be accepted. Use of script, macro or any automated system to enter the Promotion is prohibited and entries made (or which appear to have been made) using any such system may be treated as void. Any illegible, incomplete or fraudulent entries will be rejected. No purchase of any product or service is required to enter into this Promotion. Participants should be aware that they may be subject to data charges at the usual rate depending on their own individual arrangements for Internet access if they enter the Promotion online or by email.
Winners and Prizes
8. There will be 1 (one) winner. One prize per winner.
9. The winner will be the entrant whose entry best demonstrates originality, flair, enthusiasm and creativity. The winner will be selected by a panel of judges including at least one independent member. The names of the judges can be made available on request.
10. The prize is a dream wedding. The prize includes:
a. Wedding package for up to 60 guests in total at The Principal, York (https://theprincipalyork.com/) worth £8,700. Prize is subject to availability. No part or parts of the package may be substituted for other benefits, items or additions. Travel is not included. The package specifically includes:
- Dedicated wedding coordinator to help you plan your big day
- Ivory Aisle Runner
- Glass of prosecco on arrival
- Four canapés per person
- Four-course wedding breakfast with coffee and petit fours
- A glass of prosecco per guest to toast the married couple
- Half a bottle of house red or house white wine per person during the wedding breakfast
- White table linen & Chiavari chairs
- Candelabras on each table, Use of the hotel’s cake stand, cutlery and crockery
- Personalised welcome mirror
- Personalised table plan mirror
- Menu and place cards
- Personalised post box for cards and gifts
- Banqueting manager to act as a toastmaster
- Evening reception hog roast
- Complimentary bridal suite for the married couple on the night of the wedding night.
This is based on 60 guests in total. Additional guests can be added for £145.00pp. Gluten-free and diary-free food options are available. Main ceremony to be in the Crown room and wedding breakfast and evening reception will take place in The Oak Room. Market value is £8,700. Any additional costs will need to be paid by the winners. Travel to and from the venue is not included.
b. One wedding dress, one pair of shoes, one veil, one headpiece and one jewellery set from David’s Bridal (www.davidsbridal.co.uk) stock up to a total aggregate value of £3,000. Prize includes delivery to a David’s Bridal store if a special order is required but does not include home delivery. Also included in the prize is alterations services up to the value of £250, completed within one of David’s Bridal’s four UK stores. Travel to and from fittings and choosing the items and any other expenses incurred as a result are not included. Prize is non-transferable, non-negotiable and on an ‘as is’
basis. There is no cash alternative in whole or in part and the Promoter reserves the right to award an alternative prize (which may consist of one or more items) of equal or greater value.
c. Three bridesmaid dresses worth up to a total value of £1,000 from www.thandth.com Travel and alternations not included. No alternative to the prize in part or whole is offered.
d. Groomsmen’s suits up to a total value of £1,000 from www.suitdirect.co.uk
e. One bespoke Savile Row suit worth £2,500 provided by David Haye’s Savile Row designer Kabiru Abu (@KabiruAbu) – who caters for men of all shapes and sizes. Travel costs to and from fittings are not included. Materials and design subject to availability. At least eight weeks are needed from fitting to
delivery of the suit. No alternative the prize in whole or part is included.
f. One three-tier vanilla sponge cake wrapped in buttercream, worth £500 from Apple Tree Cakery York (@appletreecakeryyork) Cake design is subject to availability and lead times and may vary. Gluten-free and dairy-free alternatives are available on request.
g. Up to £500 of stationery from VistaPrint www.vistaprint.com No cash alternative in whole or part is offered. Design is subject to availability.
h. Encore Musicians https://encoremusicians.com will provide a live band who will perform two 45 minute sets, worth up to a maximum of £1,000. No cash
alternative is offered in whole or in part. Band is subject to availability.
i. Lottie Roberts Flowers (www.lottierobertsflowers.com) is providing £500 worth of bespoke flowers – namely the bride and bridesmaids’ flowers for the big day. Choice and design of flowers is subject to availability.
j. Wedding rings to a total value of £2,000 are being supplied by London De at www.londonde.com subject to availability.
k. 50 bottles of British sparkling wine worth £1,400 is being supplied by http://www.housecoren.co.uk/ subject to availability, Participant must be 18 or over only. Valid photo ID may be required upon delivery. Please drink responsibly (always be drink aware, please see www.drinkaware.co.uk
for the facts).
l. Royal photographer Arthur Edwards will capture every moment – worth £2,000 – subject to availability.
m. Favours, personalised to the couple’s day worth £150 are from Hubble and Bubble https://hubbleandbubble.org/ subject to availability.
- Prize does not include a registrar for the wedding ceremony. The winner is responsible
for booking and paying for this service.
- The prize is subject to the terms and conditions of each of the companies named in
paragraph 10 above which can be found at the websites detailed above and their
- Prizes are as stated and are non-exchangeable and non-transferable. There is no cash
or other alternative to the prize in whole or in part.
- The winner is responsible for paying all associated costs that are not specifically stated
in any Promotional materials or these Terms and Conditions, including (where
applicable) transport, accommodation, meal costs, spending money, insurance and all
other incidentals. Winners are also personally responsible for any personal or
incidental expenses and any VAT, national and/or local tax liabilities incurred in
claiming or using the prize. By participating in the Promotion, participants agree that
the prize is awarded on an “as is” basis, and that neither the Promoter nor any of its
subsidiary or affiliated companies, make any guarantees, representations or
warranties of any nature with respect to the prize.
- In the event that, for reasons beyond the Promoter’s reasonable control, the
Promoter is unable to award the prize as described in these Terms and Conditions, the
Promoter reserves the right to award a prize of a similar nature and an equivalent
value, or at its sole discretion, the cash value of the prize. The Promoter also reserves
the right to award a prize of a similar nature and an equivalent value, or at its sole
discretion, the cash value of the prize if in its reasonable discretion it is appropriate to
- The Promoter may amend or withdraw any element of a competition, prize draw, vote
or poll for reasons beyond their reasonable control, including but not limited to the
unavailability of the vote, poll, competition or prize draw entry platform before the
closing date, or for strike, lock-out, labour dispute, illness, act of God, natural disaster,
adverse weather conditions, war, riot, civil commotion, accident, public health
concern in relation to potential infection, epidemic or pandemic, malicious damage,
fire, flood and/or storm, compliance with law or governmental order, rule, regulation
or direction, breakdown of plant, machinery or transportation. The Promotor is
not responsible for any loss or damage caused to you as a result of any of these
occurrences. Therefore the Promoter shall not be responsible if the winner is unable
to redeem their prize for any time period as a result of government guidelines or
restrictions resulting from COVID-19. No alternative booking dates or compensation
will be made available in these circumstances.
Winner Announcement and claiming of prize
- Winners will be notified by email or phone or using the other contact details
provided to the Promoter within 21 days after the end of the Promotion Period. All
reasonable endeavours will be made to contact the winner during the specified time.
If a winner cannot be contacted or is not available, the Promoter reserves the right to
choose another winner from the valid entries that were received during the
Promotion Period. Winners may be required to submit valid identification before
receiving their prize.
- Winners will be required to confirm acceptance of the applicable prize within 14 days
of having been notified. If the winner has not claimed their prize by the date specified,
the Promoter reserves the right to award the prize to another participant.
- The prize will be delivered within a reasonable time and by no later than 28 days after
the prize has been accepted. Prize must be redeemed and taken by 1 August 2023.
- The Promoter proposes to make available a list of winners, subject to any objections
from the relevant individuals. For a copy of the list, please send a stamped self-
addressed envelope by no later than 28 days after the end of the Promotion Period to
News UK, Promotions Department, 1 London Bridge Street, London, SE1 9GF stating
for which Promotion you would like winners’ details. If a winner objects to this
information being made available, they should inform the Promoter at the earliest
opportunity using email email@example.com/. Winners acknowledge that the Promoter
may still be required to share their details with the Advertising Standards Authority or
- The winner and any guests will also be required to participate in reasonable publicity
relating to this Promotion including being photographed and interviewed as
promotion of the winning prize and photographed and interviewed. This will be
published across The Sun on Sunday, print and online platforms, and the prize
suppliers’ websites and social media channels.
Data Protection and Publicity
- The Promoter will collect and process participants’ personal information in
information provided may be shared with the Promoter’s agents, affiliates and, if
applicable, any third party prize provider (including those outside the UK/European
Economic Area) who will process such information in accordance with their own
conducting this Promotion (including for prizes to be delivered) and other purposes as
may be specified and/or consented to at the time of entry or on promotional
materials. If participants do not provide any of the mandatory information requested
when participating in the Promotion, their entry will be void.
- The Promoter is required to either publish or make available information that
indicates a valid award took place. As such, the Promoter will publish a story
containing the winners’ names, photographs, an interview and their wedding photos
taken on their wedding day in The Sun On Sunday.
- If a winner objects to any or all of their surname, county and winning entry being
published or made available, they should contact the Promoter at the address given
above. In such circumstances, the Promoter must still provide the information and
winning entry to competent authorities, including the Advertising Standard Authority,
- Participants will retain copyright in their submitted entries to the Promotion,
however, by entering, all entrants grant the Promoter a worldwide, royalty-free,
perpetual licence to edit, publish and use each Promotion entry in any and all media
(including print and online) for publicity and news purposes in respect of all
intellectual property rights arising in and related to the entries in question.
Participants acknowledge and agree that they have all rights necessary to grant the
rights provided for in this paragraph 25, and that all materials forming part of their
entry to the Promotion, and any use of such materials by or on behalf of the
Promoter, comply with all applicable laws, rules, and regulations and do not infringe
or otherwise violate the intellectual property or other rights of any third party,
including privacy rights.
- The Promoter’s decision is final and binding on the entrants. No correspondence will
be entered into.
- The Promoter reserves the right to require the participants to prove that they are
eligible. If a winner is found to be ineligible, the Promoter reserves the right to award
their prize to another participant and to require the return of any prize already
- The provision of the prize does not imply endorsement by the Promoter of the prize
suppliers listed at paragraph 10 above, or any other third parties concerned in any
way with the Promotion. Any complaints or queries relating to the use of the prize
should be directed to the relevant third party suppliers listed above. No
correspondence will be entered into.
- Unless otherwise stated in the promotional materials, this Promotion is in no way
sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, the manufacturer or
service provider of the relevant prize. You are providing your information to the
Promoter and not to the manufacturer or service provider of the relevant prize
(although, if you win, your details may be disclosed to the prize provider in order to
provide you with the prize).
- Entrants must not do anything illegal and/or dangerous and/or that would put
themselves or others at any risk. Save where it has been negligent, the Promoter will
not be responsible for any damage, loss or injury resulting from participants’ entry
into the Promotion or their acceptance and/or use of the prize, or for technical,
hardware or software failures, lost, faulty or unavailable network connections or
difficulties of any kind that may limit or prohibit participant’s ability to participate in
the Promotion. The Promoter will not be responsible for any lost, damaged, defaced,
incomplete, illegible or otherwise unreadable entries. Proof of posting is not proof of
receipt by the Promoter of any entries. Without prejudice to an entrant’s statutory
rights and, to the extent permitted by applicable law, the Promoter, its agents or
distributors will not be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any
liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking
up a prize. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall in any way limit or exclude the
Promoter’s liability for fraudulent misrepresentation, death or personal injury caused
by its negligence or for any other matter where liability may not be limited as a matter
- The Promoter reserves the right at any time to cancel, modify or supersede the
Promotion (including altering prizes) if, in its reasonable discretion, it becomes
necessary to do so. In the event of a printing or other error resulting in there being
more winners than prizes for the Promotion, the Promoter reserves the right to (a)
declare as void any claims or entries resulting from such printing or other error;
and/or (b) allocate the available prize(s) through a further draw or to divide the
prize(s) or the value of the prize(s) between the winners of the Promotion.
- Any participant who enters or attempts to enter the Promotion in a manner, which in the Promoter’s reasonable opinion is contrary to these Terms and Conditions or by its
nature is unjust to other entrants (including tampering with the operation of the Promotion, cheating, hacking, deception or any other unfair playing practices such as intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other participants or the Promoter and/or any of its agents or representatives) may be rejected from the Promotion at the Promoter’s sole discretion. Furthermore, where such actions have significantly impaired the Promotion, the Promoter may, at its sole discretion, add further stages to the Promotion as it deems reasonably necessary in order to resolve any problems arising from such actions.
- The Promoter reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions in its reasonable discretion. Any amendments will be published on the Promoter’s website (the Website).
- These Terms and Conditions are governed by English law. The courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to hear any dispute or claim arising in association with the Promotion or these Terms and Conditions.