Weddings are at the core of all things Brides. We want to inform wedding parties on all the ins and outs of their responsibilities, help guests choose their perfect outfits, and, of course, provide guidance for couples as they plan all parts of their celebration. One of our favorite ways to celebrate and inspire couples is with our Real Wedding features. These pieces highlight the stunning photos and details behind the celebrations of real couples—beginning with their love story and ending with the important moments that made their wedding special.
Photo by Sarah Joy Photo
We are always on the search for new Real Weddings to highlight, and rely on submissions from couples, planners, photographers, and PR representatives to help us curate the stories we will showcase on our site. We love to feature weddings with stunning décor, unique stories, and show-stopping fashion that can be a resource and provide inspiration for our readers.
In addition to the ceremony and reception, we also may showcase other wedding events like welcome parties, rehearsal dinners, and special cultural traditions within a Real Wedding feature. We highlight diverse weddings from couples of all genders and cultures, and have a pledge to do so as a brand.
Photo by Paige Jones
Have a wedding you think is a good fit for Brides? We accept submissions on a rolling basis. Note: We require 30 days of exclusivity on all Real Weddings and will not feature weddings that have been previously highlighted in other publications or websites.
To submit a wedding for consideration, please send an email with the following information to our senior editor Shelby Wax at email@example.com:
- Full names of the couple
- Wedding venue(s) location along with city, state, and country
- Event date
- Full names of the wedding photographer and videographer (if applicable)
- A list of important vendors (planner, coordinator, floral designers, etc.)
- Summary of the wedding events, including any notable details like a unique love story, special performances, cultural ceremonies, fashion moments, or design elements
- Gallery of 100-200 professionally shot images that best showcase the wedding (Dropbox folder preferred)
Photo by Holtz Wedding Photography